The Theresian Code of Conduct
As Lady, a person for God & for others,
I show faith in God
1. By remembering God’s holy presence throughout the day especially during moments
of silence and by constantly turning to God in prayer, throughout the day, to seek
2. By cultivating the Spirit of Faith which enables me to recognise and to revere
God’s presence in each person that I meet and in every event in my life.
3. By reverently participating in prayer if my religion permits. Otherwise I will pray
silently in my own faith and behave respectfully while others are at prayer.
I show love for my family
4. By according the due love and respect to my family members.
5. By giving my best in my responsibilities at home.
I show love and pride for my School and Class
6. By showing due respect to the symbols of my school: The School Crest, School
Flag, School Song and School Uniform.
7. By projecting a positive image as a school ambassador through good behavior
and proper attire.
8. By generously lending a helping hand and showing respect to all members
of my school community, including non-teaching staff.
9. By taking a personal interest and pride in the cleanliness of my classroom and
the school grounds.
10. By respecting and abiding by school rules and class ground rules.
11. By giving my best in my responsibilities in class and in school.
I promote truth, justice, freedom and love in all I act, speak, think and feel.
I show that I am a self-directed, confident and resilient student who is committed
to lifelong learning
12. By thinking creatively and critically.
13. By communicating and collaborating effectively.
14. By actively learning ICT and problem-solving skills.
I show that I am an active contributor & a concerned citizen who is rooted to
15. By showing due respect to the symbols of my nation: My President, State Flag,
National Anthem and Pledge.
16. By actively participating during flag-raising: If I am a Singapore citizen, I will
sing the National Anthem and recite the Pledge with my clenched right fist
placed over my heart.
17. By respecting and abiding by the laws of the nation.
18. By modelling a sense of belonging to class, school and country.
19. By advocating racial and religious harmony and appreciating diversity.
20. By contributing to the betterment of community and environment, with special
reference to the disadvantaged.