Home > CHIJSTC > Game > Fullerton Building

Fullerton Building

19.png
The construction of Fullerton Building began in 1924, and it was completed in mid-1928. The Fullerton Building has been through a two-year, S$400 million restoration, redevelopment and refurbishment in 1998, turning it into a grand boutique-hotel, best known today as The Fullerton Hotel. Tourists who come and visit SIngapore will visit this landmark for a holiday or admire the history behind it. In its heyday as an administrative building, it housed the General Post Office. 

Over the years, other government offices, including the Inland Revenue Department, were also housed in the building. Fullerton Building, and Fullerton Square, sit on land where Fort Fullerton once stood as a defence fortification at the mouth of the Singapore River.