CHIJ St. Theresa's Convent
CHIJ St Theresa's Convent is an all-girls catholic secondary school and is one of the 11 Convent of the Holy Infant Jesus schools in Singapore. This school was founded in 1892 and was initially known as CHIJ Kampong Bahru. It began by running Parish classes taught by the sisters of the Holy Infant Jesus Congregation. It then grew to be an integrated school, teaching under privileged primary school children English and Tamil.After the second World War, the English and Tamil sections functioned at separate premises, before the school's present 12 acre site at Lower Delta Road was purchased in1948. The new school building was then completed in 1951. In 1952, the status of the school was changed from a private school to a government aided school. In the late 1950s, the school then began taking in secondary-level students after the last batch of primary school students entering in 1986 were phased out. In the early years, street lighting was not a provision. The lighted school building then became a sole source of light for the kampongs in the vicinity. CHIJ St Theresa's Convent was henceforth called the "Light on the Hill'.
In November 2009, the school moved out of its Lower Delta campus to the former New town Secondary School at Queensway due to PRIME upgrading. CHIJ St Theresa's Convent then officially moved back to Lower Delta on the 23 of November with its new facilities.